Spearheaded development and implementation of full cycle marketing and communications strategies for MASDAR, the US$22 billion Sustainable City and the US$3 billion Strategic Tunnel Enhancement Program (STEP). Key member of the leadership inner-circle, influencing all decisions on corporate strategy, brand and key messages. Led stakeholder management, designing and positioning corporate messages both internal and externally at the highest levels of seniority. Oversaw planning and execution of the annual World Future Energy Summit (WFES) and the winning bid to host the 148 nation International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA). Forged relationships with strategic partners, alliances, and sponsors. Directed messaging and contingency plans during emergency situations.
• Instrumental in the winning bid to establish the 141 countries of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in the United Arab Emirates.
• Conceptualized an exhibit strategy for WFES that attracted over 60,000 viewers.
• Conducting media interviews with the New York Times, Wired magazine, the Economist, and Time.
• Safeguarded MASDAR’s public image by introducing a strategic crisis communications protocol.
• Planned and managed the partner and media rollout of the Personal Rapid Transport (PRT) and the 9th largest solar energy field in the world.
• Widened global recognition of STEP by redesigning communications, media strategy and PR.
• Gave keynote speeches and presentations to VIP audiences, including the UAE Royal Family.
• Won incremental media coverage by launching a highly visible conference strategy.
• Aligned all business units under a single risk management and business continuity framework.
• Facilitated program launch through effective leadership of the permitting and planning team.